Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 6:45-8:15p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
July 2022 (OA Ordeal, swim, boating, biking, campout – see Tecumseh)
- July 18 (Mon)– Bike Ride – Alum Creek Trail, Cooper Park, 6:30-8:30p
- July 23 (Sat) – Mulching service project at Mason’s Place, 700 East St, Westerville, 9:30a-12p
- July 25 (Mon) – Swimming/boating – Jim’s lake, Plan meals for campout, 6-8:30p
- July 27 (Wed) – Committee Meeting, Zoom, 7:30p
- July 29-31 (Fri-Sun) – Campout – Great Seal State Park, see outdoor drama “Tecumseh”, hiking
August 2022 (Court of Honor, Trade Skills merit badge day, fundraiser, Buck Creek 10-mile hike campout, Annual planning meeting)
- August 1 (Mon)– Work on Rank advancements, Camping mb stuff
- August 8 (Mon) – Work on Rank advancements, – last week for advancements before 8/22 Court of Honor
- August 15 (Mon) – Plan for Court of Honor, Plan for campout Trades MB Day/Fundraiser Campout
- August 19-21 (Fri-Sun)- Campout. Friday – Camp Friedlander , Saturday – Trades Merit Badges Saturday, Saturday night – go to Madison County Fairgrounds
- August 21 (Sun) – Fundraiser – Madison County Fairgrounds, Mid-Ohio Marauders
- August 22 (Mon) – 7192 Court of Honor, 7p
- August 26-28 (Fri-Sun) – Campout – 10 mile hike, Buck Creek State Park
- August 29 – (Mon) – Annual Planning meeting
- August 31 (Wed) – Committee Meeting, Zoom, 7:30p
September 2022 (backpacking class, Popcorn fundraising, backpacking trip, Renaissance Festival)
- Sept 5 (Mon) LABOR DAY – no meeting, meet Wed 9/7 instead for Backpacking class
- Sept 7 (Wed) – Backpacking class
- Sept 10 & 11 (Sat and Sun) – Popcorn sales at Lowes Easton, and/or BP
- Sept 12 (Mon) – Backpacking prep – bring packed backpack to prepare for backpacking trip
- Sept 17 (Sat) – Popcorn sales
- Sept 19 (Mon) – Plan backpacking trip
- Sept 23-25 (Fri-Sun) – Campout. Backpacking – Zaleski State Park
- Sept 26 (Mon) – PLC
- Sept 28 (Wed) Committee meeting, 7:30p, Zoom
- Oct 1 (Sat) Climbing gym (or do in Nov)
- Oct 3 (Mon) –
- Oct 7-9 (Fri-Sun) Camp Oyo, The Great Pumpkin
- Oct 10 (Mon) –
- Oct 17 (Mon) –
- Oct 24 (Mon) –
- Oct 28-30 (Fri-Sun) Campout – Old Man’s Cave, 10-mile hike
- Oct 31 (Mon) –
- Nov 7 (Mon) –
- Nov 12 (Sat) – Tripod Turkey Dinner
- Nov 14 (Mon) –
- Nov 21 (Mon) –
- Nov 28 (Mon) –
- June 16-24, 2023 – Philmont High Adventure Camp Backpacking Opportunity. 9-Day trek.
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.