Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 6:45-8:15p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
April 2022 (Skating MB)
- Apr 25 (Mon) – Dance Lesson
- April 29- May 1 (Friday – Sunday) – Campout, Madison County Fairgrounds, London, Ohio. FUNDRAISER
May 2022 (Fundraisers, Horsemanship MB, work on Advancement for Court of Honor)
- May 2 (Mon) – Plan campout, Advancement
- May 6-8 Campout – Marmon Valley – Horsemanship MB, archery, climbing
- May 9 (Mon) – Advancement, Scoutmaster Conferences
- May 16 (Mon) – Advancement, Scoutmaster Conferences
- May 20-22 (Friday-Sunday) – Campout, Madison County Fairgrounds, London, Ohio. FUNDRAISER – See April 29 above.
- May 21 (Sat) – 10a-2p VBS Service Opportunity – Decoration workshop
- May 23 (Mon) –7-8:15p COURT OF HONOR
- May 30 – No Meeting, Memorial Day
June 2022 (OA Ordeal, help with VBS, Summer camp, Swimming MB pre-reqs)
- June 3-5 – Order of the Arrow Ordeal (campout-Falling Rock) (2 scouts)
- June 6 – No meeting (Janice on vacation)
- June 10-12 – VBS prep – Fri night, All day Sat, Sun until VBS starts
- June 12-16 VBS 5:30-8:30p, Help with program
- June 13 (Mon) – Pool or lake (Swimming MB pre-reqs for summer camp)
- June 19-25 SUMMER CAMP Falling Rock Scout Reservation (40 min NE of Columbus)
July 2022 (OA Ordeal, bike, campout)
- July 4 – Holiday, No meeting
- July 8-10 – Order of the Arrow Ordeal campout (Lazarus, 4 scouts, 2 adults)
- July 11 – Bike ride? Skating?
- July 18 – Plan campout
- July 22 – 24 – Campout (water, bicycle, or Ziplining)
- July 25 – Bike, hike, pool, games?
August 2022 (Court of Honor, 10-mile hike campout, fundraiser)
- August 1 – Bike, hike, pool, games?
- August 8 – Advancement, hike, pool or games?
- August 15 – Plan for Court of Honor, Plan for campout, Plan Fundraiser
- August 21 (Sun) – Fundraiser – Madison County Fairgrounds
- August 22 – Court of Honor
- August 26-28 – Campout – 10 mile hike (Buck Creek SP?)
- June 16-24, 2023 – Philmont High Adventure Camp Backpacking Opportunity. 9-Day trek.
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.