Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (ages 11-17) interested in FUN, adventure, camping, learning valuable life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
Troop 7192 is a very active all-girl troop in the Scouts BSA program, led by scouts. We do a variety of activities and have 1-2 campouts a month. We also do service activities with various organizations. Our scouts have the opportunity to earn the prestigious Eagle Rank, the highest rank in the Scouts BSA program.
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 7-8:15p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
Coming Up: (updated 11/26/2023)
Subject to change, campouts in green, non-meeting days in red, service projects in blue, fundraisers in Brown.
- Dec 2 – (Sat) – Eagle Project (tentative)
- Dec 3 – (Sun) – Eagle Project (tentative) proposal
- Dec 4 – Plan for COH, SM conferences
- Dec 7 (Thursday) – Court of Honor (7-8:30p) Ballard Hall
- December 11 – Christmas Party – White elephant gift exchange ($10 value), cookie exchange, cooking decorating
- Dec 18 – Food sorting @ CCPC (tentative)
- Dec 25 – NO MEETING, Enjoy Christmas
- Jan 1 – NO MEETING, its New Year’s Day
- Jan 2 – PLC, Barn, PLC
- Jan 8 – TBA, Sea Base information
- Jan 15 – OA Elections (tentative)
- Jan 20 – Vertical Adventures overnight 10p-8a
- Jan 22 – Klondike practice (?)
- Jan 29 – Klondike practice (?)
- Feb 3 (Sat) – Polaris Klondike (if doing?)
- Feb 5 (Mon) – Prepare for Scout Sunday
- Feb 11 (Sun) – Scout Sunday 11a
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska as well as Philmont in 2021 and Philmont in 2023. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.