Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (ages 11-17) interested in FUN, adventure, camping, learning valuable life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
Troop 7192 is a very active all-girl troop in the Scouts BSA program, led by scouts. We do a variety of activities and have 1-2 campouts a month. We also do service activities with various organizations. Our scouts have the opportunity to earn the prestigious Eagle Rank, the highest rank in the Scouts BSA program.
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 7-8:15p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
Coming Up: (updated 4/29/2023)
- April 24 (Mon) – Backpacking prep, Advancement requirements, Orienteering course
May 2023 (Horses, Advancements, Court of Honor)
- May 1 (Mon) – Advancement requirements, Scoutmaster conferences
- May 5-7 (Fri-Sun) – Backpacking trip for Philmont Prep
- May 8 (Mon) – Advancement requirements, SM Conferences
- May 13 – Conservation Experience, 9a-4:30p $10, Otter Run Scout Camp near Marysville) – earn Fish and Wildlife Management MB and get conservation service credit
- May 15 (Mon) – Tenderfoot Fitness Part 2, Plan Court of Honor, SM Conf, $125 Summer Camp balance due
- May 19-21 (6p Fri – 10:30a Sun) – Bicycling Campout, bicycling on Johnstown to Newark Rail to Trails.
- May 22 (Mon) – 7192 Court of Honor, Ballard Hall
- May 29 (Mon) – Memorial Day – No meeting
June 2023 (Philmont High Adventure Base, biking?, swimming?)
- June 5 (Mon) – TBA – bike ride (?)
- June 6 (Tues) – Some scouts finish Family Life merit badge
- June 11 (Sun), 3p – Philmont meeting, check backpacks (tentative)
- June 12 (Mon) – No meeting (leaving for Philmont next day)
- June 13-25, 2023 – Philmont High Adventure Camp Backpacking. 9-Day trek, whitewater rafting, horseback riding
- June 26 – Swimming pool (?)
July 2023 (Summer Camp, Bike ride, Kayak or Zipline, Eagle Project)
- July 3 – No meeting, meet another night (?)
- July 8 (Sat) – TBA – Kayaking, Ziplining, or Eagle project
- July 10-14 (Mon-Fri) – Vacation Bible School service opportunity at CCPC
- July 10 (Mon) – TBA – Finish Fishing mb for some (?)
- July 17 (Mon) – Bike ride (?)
- July 16-22 (Sun 12:30p -Sat 11a) Summer Camp at Falling Rock (smaller group who can’t go next week, or may go 2 weeks)
- July 23-29 – (Sun 12:30p -Sat 11a) Summer Camp at Falling Rock (most of troop going this week)
- July 31 – Lake fun
August 2023 (Eagle Project, Marauders fundraiser, Court of Honor)
- August 7 (Mon) – Advancement requirements, SM conf
- August ? – Eagle project campout at Coyote Run (?)
- August 14 (Mon) – Advancement requirements, SM conf
- August 21 (Mon) – Court of Honor
- August 25-27 – Mid-Ohio Marauders campout
- August 28 –PLC
September 2023 (Popcorn fundraiser, Marauders fundraiser, Eagle Project)
- Sept 4 – Labor Day – No meeting
- Sept 9 (Sat) – First day of Popcorn Show and Sell
- Sept 10 (Sun) –Popcorn Show and Sell
- Sept 22-24 (Fri 6p – Sun 6p) – Mid-Ohio Marauders campout
October 2023 (Popcorn, Columbus Marathon, Eagle project)
- Oct 8 (Sun) – Popcorn
- Oct 15 (Sun) – Columbus Marathon
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska as well as Philmont in 2021. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.
7192 Recruitment Flyer 7-22