Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 7-8:15p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
Coming Up: (updated 10/4/22)
October 2022 (Popcorn sales, Cycling MB, Marathon, Skating, Renaissance Festival, some start Personal Fitness MB, Communication MB, Cooking MB)
- Oct 1 (Sat) – Deposit due for Philmont June 2023 Trek ($615)
- Oct 2 (Sun) – Popcorn sales 12-5p, Lowes Easton
- Oct 3 (Mon) – Review calendar, Camping/Hiking/Backpacking mb requirements
- Oct 9 (Sun) – Popcorn sales 12-5p, Lowes Easton
- Oct 10 (Mon) – Camping mb requirements – plan Oct 21-23 campout
- Oct 14 (Fri) – 5:30p (meet at front building at Lazarus) Monster Mash
- Oct 16 (Sun) – Columbus Marathon Fundraiser 7a-3p
- Oct 17 (Mon) – Merit badge requirements
- Oct 19 (Wed) – tentative – Haunted house (FEAR? at Cleveland and 161)
- Oct 22-23 (Sat-Sun) 10-mile hike at Old Man’s Cave
- Oct 24 (Mon) – Pumpkin painting
- Oct 29 (Sat) Renaissance Festival – Theme – Trick or Treats ($21 for age 13 up, or $8 up to 12 yrs)
- Oct 30 (Sun) – First Aid MB 12-5p (tentative)
- Oct 31 (Mon) – NO MEETING – Beggar’s Night
November 2022 (E-Preparedness Drill, Elections, First Aid MB, Tripod turkey dinner, advancement, some start Cit in Society MB)
- Nov 5 (Sat) – Emergency Preparedness Drill, 8:30a-12p
- Nov 7 (Mon) – Elections (SPL, ASPL), work on advancement
- Nov 8 (Tues) – 15-mile bike ride, Olentangy trail, 10a, meet at Antrim Park parking lot
- Nov 13 (Sun) – First Aid MB 12-5p (tentative, either 11/13 or 10/30)
- Nov 14 (Mon) – Plan tripod turkey dinner, work on advancement
- Nov 19 (Sat) – Tripod Turkey Dinner, 10:30a-4p
- Nov 21 (Mon) – Work on advancement, service – food baskets(?), make blankets?
- Nov 28 (Mon) – Work on advancement, Plan Court of Honor
December 2022 (Court of Honor, Craft, Service)
- Dec 5 (Mon) – Court of Honor (tentative date)
- Dec 12 (Mon) – Craft?, Make blankets?
- Dec 19 – Christmas food baskets (service)?, craft?, games? or no meeting?
- Dec 26 – No meeting
- Jan 2 (Mon) – PLC – Plan next several months
- Jan 7 (Sat) – Overnight at Vertical Adventures, Climbing from 10p-1a, leave at 8a
- Jan 30 – Plan Klondike, Klondike prep
February 2023 (Klondike, OA Elections, a few to Northern Tier?)
- Feb 4-5 (Sat-Sun) – Klondike, Camp Lazarus
March 2023 (Wilderness First Aid)
- Mar 4-5 (Sat-Sun) – Wilderness First Aid, 9-4p both days
- Mar 12 (Sun) – Wilderness First Aid, 12-5p
- Mar 13 (Mon) – Movie night (MW planning)
- March 17-19 (Fri-Sun) – MB Campout – maybe Soil and Water Conservation mb
- March 20 (Mon)
- March 25-April 2 – Westerville Spring Break – NO MEETING
June 2023 (Philmont High Adventure Base)
- June 16-24, 2023 – Philmont High Adventure Camp Backpacking Opportunity. 9-Day trek.
- July 3 – No meeting
- July 10 (Mon) – Swimming/boating
- July 17 (Mon) – Bike ride
- July 24 (Mon) – Swimming
- July 23-29 – Summer Camp at Falling Rock
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.