Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
Troop 7192 is doing monthly campouts. Our November campout will focus on cooking and “Tripod Turkey” outside and completing an Orienteering course. This fall, many of our weekly meetings will be held on Zoom or shared on Zoom for those who can not make it in person.
Text 614-440-6982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom log-in information.
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. We meet most Mondays from 7:00-8:30p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
- November 2 – Talent Show
- November 9 – Start Emergency Preparedness merit badge, plan for campout
- November 13-15 Campout – Cook a tripod turkey, work on merit badge, do 1 mile orienteering course, geocache search for potential places
- November 16 – Craft activity – Needlefelting
- November 23 – work on merit badges – Eprep and geocaching (tentative)
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.
Previous Troop Activities:
- October 2020 – Intro to Geocaching and Disc Golf, Making Paracord Survival bracelets, Pumpkin carving, Campout – Bicycling and Flag Retirement ceremony, Intro to Tai Chi
- September 2020 – Cooking merit badge campout, Campout with hiking and bicycling
- August 2020 – Campout – Bicycling (15 miles), practice cooking for Cooking merit badge, Totin’ Chip, Advancement
- May 2020 – Virtual Campouts
- March – July 2020 (Covid-19 lock-down)
- March 2020 – Champaign Air Museum (Urbana, OH)
- February 2020 – First Aid merit badge
- January 2020 – Swimming merit badge
- December Court of Honor
- November, December, January – Flag Etiquette at the American Legion
- November, December Service Projects
- November – Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the World merit badges
- October Trip to Gettysburg (Pennsylvania), hiked 10 miles, learned Civil War history
- September – Introduction to Leadership Skills Training (ILST)
- September 2019 at the Zoar Civil War Reenactment to earn American Heritage merit badge, hiked 5 miles, saw play “The Andersonville Trial”
- August Court of Honor – Earned Scout Rank
- August 2019 at Beltz Retreat Center. Earned the Rifle Shooting merit badge
- July 2019 – Campout at Delaware State Park, Intro to Geocaching & Disc Golf, Hiking, earned Totin’ Chip
- June 2019 – Kayaking at Mohican State Park