Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
Troop 7192 is doing monthly campouts. Our September campout will focus on bicycling and the Camping merit badge. Our October campout will focus on Geocaching and the Camping merit badge. This fall, half of our weekly meetings will be held on Zoom.
Text 614-440-6982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom log-in information.
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. During non-Covid-19 times, we meet most Mondays from 7:30-8:45p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
- September 18-20 Campout, 7p – Sun 9:15a – Bicycling, start Camping merit badge
- September 21 – 6:45-7:30p Court of Honor, CCPC (picnic tables)
- September 28 – 7p PLC (Zoom)
- October 5 – 7p meeting
- Oct 12 – 7p meeting
- Oct 19 – 7p meeting
- October 16-18 Campout – Geocaching, Camping merit badge, cycling merit badge
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.
Previous Troop Activities:
- September – Cooking merit badge campout
- August 2020 – Campout – Bicycling (15 miles), practice cooking for Cooking merit badge, Totin’ Chip, Advancement
- May 2020 – Virtual Campouts
- March – July 2020 (Covid-19 lock-down)
- March 2020 – Champaign Air Museum (Urbana, OH)
- February 2020 – First Aid merit badge
- January 2020 – Swimming merit badge
- December Court of Honor
- November, December, January – Flag Etiquette at the American Legion
- November, December Service Projects
- November – Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the World merit badges
- October Trip to Gettysburg (Pennsylvania), hiked 10 miles, learned Civil War history
- September – Introduction to Leadership Skills Training (ILST)
- September 2019 at the Zoar Civil War Reenactment to earn American Heritage merit badge, hiked 5 miles, saw play “The Andersonville Trial”
- August Court of Honor – Earned Scout Rank
- August 2019 at Beltz Retreat Center. Earned the Rifle Shooting merit badge
- July 2019 – Campout at Delaware State Park, Intro to Geocaching & Disc Golf, Hiking, earned Totin’ Chip
- June 2019 – Kayaking at Mohican State Park