Westerville Girl Troop 7192
Girls (11-17) interested in adventure, camping, life skills, leadership skills, and service to others are encouraged to join!
From March – July 2020 (or until we are off of Coronavirus, Troop 7192 is meeting online on Monday nights from 7p-8:10p at Zoom.us. We may consider a campout in August if conditions permit.
Text 614-440-6982 or email email@example.com for Zoom log-in information.
We invite you to contact us for additional information and come visit us at a weekly meeting. During non-Covid-19 times, we meet most Mondays from 7:30-8:45p at Central College Presbyterian Church, 975 S. Sunbury Rd., Westerville, OH 43081. Park in the back parking lot.
- June 2020 – Summer camp at Camp Chief Logan – postponed
- June 2020 – Kayaking merit badge – may be postponed
- May 2020 – Backpacking – may be postponed
- April 2020 – Cooking Merit Badge – postponed
Girls have the opportunity to achieve the prestigious EAGLE RANK.
Our troop strongly supports the girl-led model of leadership. Girls are involved in making decisions and planning troop activities, meetings, and service projects. Adults in the troop help guide and counsel the girl leaders. Our goal is for each girl to set goals and be encouraged to attain Scouting’s highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Troop 7192 is part of the Simon Kenton Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) that includes 24 counties in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Scoutmaster for 7192 is Janice McDonald, who through Columbus Outdoor Pursuits and OSU Outdoor Education has backpacked parts of the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, and several trails in Alaska. She has done week-long bicycle trips on the Cross Ohio Bicycle Adventure (XOBA), the Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure (GOBA) and across the panhandle of Florida. She enjoys whitewater rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. She has also camped in most of the U.S. states, Canada, and Western Europe. She is a former teacher at Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center (High School and Career Center) in Columbus.
Previous Troop Activities:
- March 2020 – Geology merit badge – postponed
- February 2020 – First Aid merit badge
- January 2020 – Swimming merit badge
- December Court of Honor
- November, December, January – Flag Etiquette at the American Legion
- November, December Service Projects
- November – Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the World merit badges
- October Trip to Gettysburg (Pennsylvania), hiked 10 miles, learned Civil War history
- September – Introduction to Leadership Skills Training (ILST)
- September 2019 at the Zoar Civil War Reenactment to earn American Heritage merit badge, hiked 5 miles, saw play “The Andersonville Trial”
- August Court of Honor – Earned Scout Rank
- August 2019 at Beltz Retreat Center. Earned the Rifle Shooting merit badge
- July 2019 – Campout at Delaware State Park, Intro to Geocaching & Disc Golf, Hiking, earned Totin’ Chip
- June 2019 – Kayaking at Mohican State Park